• The competition in the WDSF categories will be held according to the WDSF Rules
• Couples in category WDSF Youth Open are able to participate in category WDSF Adults free of charge.
• Participants in the Juvenile, Junior and Youth Categories must carry witht them an evidence of their age.
• Couples in Juvenile I category can compete in Juvenile II category. Couples in Juvenile II category can compete in Junior I category.
• Couples in Junior Basic category can compete in Junior Open category.
• In the couples categories, a couple that participates in a 3 or 5 dance category, cannot participate in the fewer dances categories, and couples cannot participate in all one, three or five Dance category of their age. Also, couples can compete in the next age group categories, exactly on the same dances as in their own natural age category.
• For all the group choreographies there will be a tollerance of 10'' above the maximum lenght, after which the music will be stopped.
• The music for categories Solo Latin, Solo Oriental, Solo Cottemporary, Solo Hip-Hop, Arg.Tango is selecting by organizers of «KAVALA OPEN».
• Age Limit Tollerance : For teams with up to 7 participants , one (1) member of the team can be of older age. In the same way , for teams of 8 to 13 participants , two (2) members , for teams of 14 to 20 participants three (3) , for teams of 21 and more four (4).
• Contestants in the solo categories , can also compete in the next higher age category if they wish.
• In the Oriental solo categories , the fethers and the stick are not allowed.
Judges marks of following criteria:
ALL LADIES LATIN, ORIENTAL, MODERN - JAZZ, CONTEMPORARY:
1 – 15 SYNCHRONIZATION
1 – 15 CHOREOGRAPHY (content, using the space, character)
1 – 15 TECHNIQUE (the dance style, quality, lines, dynamics)
1 – 15 CHOREOGRAPHY (content, theme, idea, using the space, character)
1 – 10 SYNCHRONIZATION
1 – 10 MUSICALITY (music interpretation, choice of music, timing)
Maximum 50 points.
Rules for All Ladies Latin Balkan Championship and Solo Latin:
• Participants divided by Level of Beginner and Advanced knowledge: (Beginner are teams only from Greece which dancing first time in this year at competition Kavala Open 2018).
• Groups (minimum of 5 participants) can participate with a program consists as minimum of mix of 3 (Three) Latin dances (Cha cha cha, Samba, Rumba, Pasodoble, Jive) and 80% of the choreography must have the form and character of Latin dance.
• ALL participants divided by age: Juvenile I - 7-9 years, Juvenile II - 10-11 years, Junior I - 12-13 years, Junior II - 14-15 years, Youth - 16-18 years, Adults – 19+
• The age category is calculated in relation to the year of birth and refers to the calendar year. Participants in the Juvenile , Junior and Youth Categories must carry with them an evidence of their age.
• Duration: Maximum duration of choreography are 3 minutes. There will be a tolerance of about 10 seconds, after which the music will be interrupted.
• Age Limit Tollerance : For teams with up to 7 participants , one (1) member of the team can be of older age. In the same way , for teams of 8 to 13 participants , two (2) members , for teams of 14 to 20 participants three (3) , for teams of 21 and more five (5).
• Judges marks of following criteria:
1 – 15 - SYNCHRONIZATION 1 – 15 - CHOREOGRAPHY (content, using the space, character) 1 – 15 - TECHNICAL LEVEL(the dance style, quality, lines, dynamics) 1 - 10 - PERFORMANCE (entrance, exit, costume, expression) 1 - 10 - MUSICALITY (music interpretation, choice of music, timing) Maximum 65 points. In the first qualification round judges select six (6) teams directly for the final.
• The girls from couple categories can participate in the Solo Latin categories.